Most people think that summer is the season that leads to the driest beard hair symptoms. They are wrong winter actually is the worst season on your beard but we will leave that for another blog post.
In the summer, you are exposing your beard to heat and sunlight but your body is perspiring and your sebaceous glands are working overtime to lubricate and keep the hair moisturized. Which if you have learned anything from our Bearducation posts it is that keeping your facial skin and hairs hydrated is the #1 most important factor in a healthy beard.
Our balms (Ultimate Beard Balm, Hairy, Curly & Fro, Blow Job), Whips (Outdoorsman) and oils (Ultimate Beard Liquor, Kings Nectar) are great at drawing in and locking in moisture, keeping your facial skin and hairs hydrated all day long.
So outside of sweating and using Bearded Botanicals products here are 5 additional tips for you to take care of your beard during the summer months:
- Keep hydrated so you have something to sweat out and hydrate your beard.
- Give your beard a drink with a splash of water a couple of times on really hot days.
- Re apply your oil or balm periodically through your shift as the natural SPFs in the butters and oils are only effective for 2 hours at a time and if you are using an inferior product (not Bearded Botanicals) there may be no humectants or emollient ingredients to keep your facial skin and hairs hydrated all day.
- Rinse your beard after getting out of any chlorinated pool.
- Avoid products with citrus essential oils in the sun as they can cause photosensitivity in some individuals especially those with skin types I and II.
So there you have it quick and easy tips to keep your beard healthy and happy during the summer months.